The Age Group Category is a series of heats placed immediately after the Elite category. Age Group racers will follow the same rules and standards as the Elite racers.
Age Group heats will be officiated by on-course referees, video review, and feature an Age Group points series with exciting prizes, podium awards, and athlete rankings. Age Group Racers believe they could win or place in a given race when stacked against only the best of the best within their designated age group.
The Age Group categories can be seen here- same categories for both men and women. PLEASE NOTE: all races in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Netherlands, France, Italy, Spain, Andorra and Greece have a minimum age of 16 years for the Sprint and 18 years for Super, Beast and Ultra. Therefore the age group category 14-17 is only used in Sprint races where there is a Age Group Race offered and it’s limited to 16-17.
How to determine my AG GROUP for all the year long :
Your Age Group is calculated for the entire season based on your Age on the 31st of December, 2019.
Your date of birth is December, 20, 1984.
You’re racing the Spartan Sprint Munich on April 13th, 2019. Your age on race day is 34. But your age on 31st of December, 2019 will be 35. So you will be racing in Munich in the AG 35-39.
Note: your age on race day still determines if you’re allowed to race or not (you have to be 16 for a Sprint, and 18 for Super, Beast or Ultra).
AG Categories for 2019 :
- Women 14-17 / Men 14-17
- Women 18-24 / Men 18-24
- Women 25-29 / Men 25-29
- Women 30-34 / Men 30-34
- Women 35-39 / Men 35-39 (NEW FOR 2019 !)
- Women 40-44 / Men 40-44
- Women 45-49 / Men 45-49 (NEW FOR 2019 !)
- Women 50-54 / Men 50-54 (NEW FOR 2019 !)
- Women 55-59 / Men 55-59 (NEW FOR 2019 !)
- Women 60+ / Men 60 + (NEW FOR 2019 !)
Racing in Age Group race category gives you the following opportunities:
- Age Group Ranking in each race with an Age Group race- Top3 winners in each age group are awarded on race day during the awards ceremony.
- Age Group Championship as part of the Spain National Series. Further information can be found HERE.
- Qualification for the European Championship in Age Group race category. Further information can be found HERE.
- Qualification for the World Championship in Age Group race category. Further information can be found HERE.
Age Group Start Times:
Participants that register for the Age Group category will be assigned a start time based on their AGE GROUP and gender - regardless of whether that participant is part of a team. Team members are NOT placed together in the Age Group category, unless they are in the same age group range.
Spartan reserves the right to combine age groups and/or genders into one start time, depending on the number of registered participants. However, all members of an age group will always start at the same time.